“Data Desk was designed as a data analysis companion that encourages exploration to help you discover both patterns and the points that don’t fit. The idea driving this, and what distinguishes Data Desk, is that seeing is understanding.”
A New Data Desk Release!
Data Desk RP Has arrived!
Announcing the R and Python Export Feature!!
We’re excited about DD’s new capabilities, and you should be too! You can determine your own analyses easily and then see how to do the same thing in R. You can modify your R program as a way to learn R gently.
DDRP levels the
Want to use R or Python for statistics? Feel like you’re climbing a steep learning curve? Data Desk RP is here to give you a boost.
Data Desk is Faster Than Ever
A million cases in your database? Two million? Data Desk doesn’t care. Plots and even complex analyses are instantaneous. Drag in a new variable and windows update instantly. Data Desk even starts up faster than any other comparable program.
- All data analysis programs can summarize your data. But that’s not usually the whole story.
- Data Desk finds the forest-level patterns and trends, but it also helps you find the special cases—the individual trees that often reveal the back story.
- Seeing both the forest and the trees encourages the kind of understanding that is at the heart of sound statistical thinking.
Gain more perspective
Real world data analysis is hard. If you just apply formulas to data, you have a good chance of missing the true story. Data Desk lets you see your data in vivid and effective ways with multiple views that link together seamlessly.
DASL is The Data And Story Library
- It contains archives real data from a wide variety of topics in a searchable format.
- It’s the perfect teaching/learning aide for any level of statistics learning
- Data Description is the proud sponsor of the evolving DASL archives!
As Data Exploration has become a central part of Data Science, we are proud to continue our leadership by providing DD users with convenient ways to cooperate with two widely used Data Science platforms; the R statistics language and the Python general-purpose language. With Data Desk’s new RP features you can use DD’s award-winning interface as a graphical interface to R. Or you can communicate your displays and analyses to someone who doesn’t (yet) have Data Desk. Students and teachers will find in this feature a gentle way to learn to write R or Python code.
– Paul F. Velleman, Chief Scientist, Data Description
Data Description, Inc.
PO Box 4555
Ithaca, NY 14850